My main go to bag for the photography in the backwoods is the Lowepro Photo Sport 30L. Carefully packed, this 30L (30 liters) can go a long way with what you can fit in here, comfortably. I have used this pack in all four seasons across the world in the most perfect weather to the most severe inclement weather. The 30L is rated for a day pack but I have used this for 2 and 3 days in the backcountry.
Here are a few reasons why I grab this pack when shooting in the backcountry
- Built in all weather cover (distinguished by “AW” in Lowepro’s naming convention)
- Removable padded camera insert
- 2L water bladder system with ported hole for drinking tube
- External loops for attaching several accessories
- Double bottom straps for a tent, tripod or tarp