Canon just announced the Canon EOS 70D to their prosumer lineup. The 20.2mp sensor allows even bigger prints and maybe still captures from the full HD video capabilities.
- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor - Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
- 3.0" 1,040k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Move Servo AF
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- Continuous Shooting Rate Up to 7 fps
- ISO 100-12800 (Expandable to ISO 25600)
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
These features maybe worth the upgrade from the 60D which I currently own and use to film most of the videos. I'm glad Canon is keeping with the flip out screen which makes is very handy when shooting at odd angles and with the addition of the touch AF control, this should be a plus for nailing that focus. I want to see how good the in camera Wi-Fi will be when shooting on location using the EOS Remote app which may also allow photographers to shoot in out of reach places. Being able to control the camera settings from the phone is a huge step in DSLR shooting.
There is no set date yet on the release but you can pre-order here: